Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Remember Him...

While looking at another blog, I came across the past. Do you remember Sam Harris? For those of you who didn't watch TV in the 80's (Mark) or like reality TV (then or now), he was the grand champion of the very first Star Search in 1984. Star Search was the true very first American Idol. He won with his version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" - it was (and still is amazing). See below.



Little did I know that he has had nine - yes nine - studio albums. I can only remember two and I think I still have one. Well he is back with a new song "War on War". I pleasantly surprised. This song is really good. He is also putting together a video contest for his fans. From his War on War website:

With the W.O.W. video contest, we are inviting you to express your vision and creativity -- your passion, frustration and truth -- put to my song which calls for the end of war. Here's what you do:
  • Listen to the song for inspiration!
  • Create an original music video (like you would see on VH1 and MTV etc.) to the song War on War as the only audio and in its entirety.
  • We will soon provide raw footage of me singing the song, which may be incorporated into your video, if you wish.
So here is the new song from Sam Harris:



And for some fun - did you know he is gay? This I didn't and I also missed him on the CBS show "The Class", which I watched religiously. It was from the creaters of "Friends", they never should have taken it off the air. He played Perry Pearl, the immaculately dressed husband of one of the classmates, Holly. In the show she has no idea that he is gay - and he denies it himself. Here is clips of Sam from "The Class":

No comments: