Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Does Not Feel Any Different...

Well happy birthday to me. Today 40 years ago I made a grand entrance into this wonderful world. To celebrate this day, we had a party this past weekend. On Saturday, Mark invited friends over (I wish all my friends could have been here) and we treated everyone to a wonderful meal of Thai food. Mark also spent the morning making me my favorite cake - German Chocolate. He made this from scratch. No box for me. It turned out to be the best cake I have ever had.

As with any party we had, we spent most (if not all) of the party in the kitchen at the table eating, talking, and having a great time. There were many conversations going at once, but that was OK since I got to spend the day with people I care about. We asked people not to bring presents. I hate this part of the birthday celebration. The only present I wanted (and got) was to spend the day talking and eating (over eating really). I had at no less than three full plates of Thai food and then tried to top that with the German Chocolate cake and cheese cake that a friend made. Later that night I waddled around the house.

So what am I doing today, spending time with my daughter and listening to Janet Jackson's new CD that Mark bought for me (actually I got it myself, but I like to say its from him). I haven't yet heard the full CD since Mikayla wants me to play with her, but I will listen to it in it's entirety before the day is out. Then since it is my birthday, I get to do homework tonight. The fun never stops.

So everyone have a wonderful day today and enjoy the people around you. And celebrate my birthday. One more reason to celebrate.

No comments: