Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Meet Your Meat...

As some of you know, I have been going for my B.S. in Humane Leadership. What does this mean? It means that I have been learning more about the abuse and care for the animals in our society. It means that I have found more information on what goes in our food and our bodies than I would care to know. It means that I have taken the next step to becoming a vegetarian. I know. I know. I see the smiles on the faces of those that know me well. I am the person that ate Taco Bell daily while working in the mall when I was younger. I am the person that drools at the smell of Burger King (I will have a post on food smell later). I am the one who proudly states I AM A CARNIVORE!!! This is no more. I have been slowly backing off eating meat. The reason you ask? The reason is below. Watch the video and trust me it will make you sick and angry - and we all should be.



Although the video above was taken a couple of years ago, there is the footage from HSUS below that made the news (or didn't) just recently.



So now you may understand why I cannot eat meat when I have no idea where it came from. This is making me ill - and it should make you ill as well!!

No comments: