Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Friday, February 15, 2008

One More Time...

Well we did it. We met with our adoption agency today to hash things out (literally) and talk about starting the process again to see if we can get Mikayla a little brother or sister. We sat down with Dawn, the Executive Director, and went over the problems that we had with Mikayla's finalization (mainly our lawyer - the one they gave us) and talk about what we need to do to go forward. That would include doing a new application, home study, and paying another $11,250. They give seconds a 10% discount.

What is going through my mind you may ask. Well all the questions that all parents have 9and I had with Mikayla), will I be able to handle this. Will I be the best father that this little child can have. How in the hell will we be able to handle another child, Mark full-time work, Mark working on Masters, me with Mikayla, me getting my B.S. and then starting my Masters. How in the hell are we going to do this. Then I think about all the people out there that are bringing up their kids, working three or four jobs just to keep their head above water, and possibly going to school as well and not complaining. So why am I?

I am the happiest than I have ever been in my life. I have a loving husband, a smart and beautiful little girl who (I think) is one of the happiest people on earth, and four little creature that try my nerves sometimes but make me smile. So why am I doing this? Because there are so many kids in our world that need homes and a loving and caring family and I know that Mark and I are able to give any child that love, trust, and care. As some people say - God only give you as much as you can handle. What I say is that the universe will not give me more than my little mind can take.

I can't wait to see what my little mind is able to do next - it has surprised me so far!

No comments: