Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Monday, September 15, 2008

For Her...

I have been posting more and more stuff concerning politics. Why is that? The reason is my daughter. So many people don't fully understand the concerns that I have with regards to my little angel. The Bush administration doesn't see that Mark and my relationship is truly valid. If the administration had their way we would be locked away (far away) never to be seen again (such as the "terrorist" in Guantanamo). Now we could have the next generation of Bush called McCain-Palin. This scares me more. The reasons are many, but anyone that knows Mark and I and loves Mikayla should think twice before they decide to vote for McCain. One main reason is that fact that McCain thinks that gay adoption should be illigal and that Mark, Mikayla and myself do not represent "family values"!
In an interview with George Stephanapolous in July 2008, Stephanapolous asked John McCain,"What is your position on gay adoption? You told the New York Times you were against it, even in cases where the children couldn't find another home. But then your staff backtracked a bit. What is your position?"

McCain responded, "My position is, it's not the reason why I'm running for president of the United States. And I think that two parent families are best for America."

Stephanapolous asked, "Well, what do you mean by that, it's not the reason you're running for President of the United States?"

McCain replied, "Because I think -- well, I think that it's -- it is important for us to emphasize family values. But I think it's very important that we understand that we have other challenges, too. I'm running for president of the United States, because I want to help with family values. And I think that family values are important, when we have two parent -- families that are of parents that are the traditional family."

Stephanapolous: "But there are several hundred thousand children in the country who don't have a home. And if a gay couple wants to adopt them, what's wrong with that?"

McCain: "I am for the values that two parent families, the traditional family represents."

Stephanapolous: "So, you're against gay adoption."

McCain: "I am for the values and principles that two parent families represent. And I also do point out that many of these decisions are made by the states, as we all know. And I will do everything I can to encourage adoption, to encourage all of the things that keeps families together, including educational opportunities, including a better economy, job creation. And I'm running for president, because I want to help families in America. And one of my positions is that I believe that family values and family traditions are preserved."

(lesbian life)

Just remember when you vote on November 4th, you are not only deciding the future for yourself. You are deciding the future for her:

No comments: