Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back...

I am back. Its been a while, but I have a good excuse - sorta. If you notice, the last time I posted anything was on June 20. The reason for this was school. Yes, during our wonderful summer months I have been working my ass off with school. Mark told me that he has never seen me spend so much time doing school - and it was pissing him off. Summer is supposed to be the time where we can get out of the house, work on the yard, grow a wonderful garden, but not this summer. This summer I had to take Accounting!

This class kicked my ass and then some. I was putting in more than 15 hours a week for this class alone. I also had a Sociology class that was driving me crazy. That along with taking care of Mikayla, trying to find time for Mark to work in his garden and time for me to breath. It blew. But with the click of a key stroke I am done with this horrid class. I now have a week and a half off to breath (somewhat). The reason I say somewhat is because next week starts "preweek" for my next classes and I will have work that will need to be done. The upside. Yes there is an upside. We will be in Michigan visiting my family. Grandma will be able to spend her days taking care of our little angel.

So why was this class so hard? The reason is that I had a professor that was absent for the first five plus weeks. With accounting, everything you are learning builds on what you had learned. My wonderful professor would post questions that we had to answer on a weekly basis and that would be it. He never commented on anything that anyone had said. Students were answering others questions concerning the homework. The professor had just disappeared. Hers is the best part. Weeks one through five we not corrected and given back to us until we were halfway through week six. So I was trying to do work with the hope that I got the first five weeks correct.

Emails to the professor came back with how busy he was. How far behind he was and that he was trying to get all the papers corrected. Sorry, if you cannot handle the work load - don't do the work. He would tell us all that such and such would be back to us by X date. Nothing. I mean come on. I had a deadline that I had to make concerning my post and homework. Since he is teaching, he should be right on top of things.

Well, the whole class received an email from someone at the collage telling us that many students had concerns about this professor. The email went on to tellus that they were also trying to get in touch with him and that we should hold on tight. Yes I was one that ratted on him. Then a couple of days later, there he is, but still no homework. He is still behind and we are finishing week six. This is a twelve week course. By the end of week six all of my homework is finally graded and amazingly I did well. All A's on the homework and B's on the posts (I didn't care about those as much since the professor didn't seem to either).

Now with a smile on my face - I AM DONE!!!

So on with all the important things that have been happening.

No comments: