Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Friday, August 15, 2008

Observation of the Human Condition...

This morning was a busy day for Mikayla and myself. We had to take our car in to have the front end fixed (again). When you go over 65 the steering wheel shakes wildly. While we were waiting (for more than two hours), I was watching the people that come and go in the dealership. One thing that made me smile (out of pity mainly) was watching a young mechanic leave on his break. The whole garage takes a break at 10 and they all file out.

While this one mechanic who could not be any older than 20-21 got into his car (which was louder than a jet engine - not in a good way either) and drove off the dealership lot. As I was bored, I started to think where he could go in such a short amount of time. Then while I watched him I found out. He drove across the street to the Mobile station. Not to get gas. He parked. Got out of his car and went inside to get a sandwich.

I find it interesting and a little sad that this person needed to get in his car to cross the street. The best part of this is that another mechanic did walk across the street and made it there and back before the young guy could get through the traffic. I know that many people could care less about this, but why are we so dependent on these things?

Below is a picture of the Mobile station as I stood in the parking lot of the dealership.

No comments: