Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Thursday, April 3, 2008

It's A Vagina...

Adults are funny when it comes to talking about the body. We all have one and we all know (or should know) all the parts of the human body. If this is so, why do we make up names for our genitalia. Not names like Mr. Happy, names that make adults sound like they are three years old.

Even before Mark and I knew that we were going to have a baby girl, we talked about how we were going to raise her. We wanted to be sure that she was comfortable with her body and her decisions. The only way that I feel that she could be both was to answer her questions truthfully when asked or be open about everything that she may be dealing with. The first part of this is the understanding that she has a vagina. She doesn't have a who-who, or a va-jay-jay. She has a vagina.

I knew this silly naming of the genitalia got out of hand when our vet's tech was told that Eva had discharge from her vagina. The tech then clarified the situation by asking if there is a lot of discharge from her "who-who". It's a vagina people. I have never strayed from this. When she was only three months old and my parents were out visiting, my mother was worried that she had UTI. Mikayla wasn't upset or hurting so I told my mother that her vagina was alright. Then looked at Mikayla and said, "your vagina's fine. Isn't it?" I think I may have startled my mother, but her vagina was fine.

From Saturday Night Live. It takes a minute to load, but very funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.